Sunday, June 24, 2012

I had decided that I would try to post a new blog every week with all the exciting news in my life.  (long pause)  Ok, that about tells the story... thanks for dropping by.  Actually, I have had quite a nice time since I last posted anything, so here goes.  I got acquainted with some ladies by watching some of them who had shows on Ustream.  They are all very talented and they have made room over in the corner of their craft hideaway room for me.  Are you old enough to remember references to the "dunces corner"?  Well, they didn't have that in Odessa, Texas, when I was in school but I do remember reading about it in country schools .... anyway, that is how I feel sometimes in the presence of Jean, Robin, Vicki, Carol, Sheri, Rose, Sandi, Diane, Darcie, Joyce, Barb, Tanya, and the list goes on.  I am sure I have left some of them out, but it is just because I don't always remember everything I should all the time.  I didn't intend to slight you if you read this and don't see your name.  Anyway, one night while we were all spectators at another ustream show, Vicki and Robin were trying to help me get on Twitter and learn how to use it.  So I did and I bugged them both quite a bit at first. They were very kind and patient and now, I am tweeting alone. Anyway, to sum up what I have done in the last few months. I started scrapbooking. I jumped in with both feet ( just like I do everything else) so here a few pictures of the result..Remember I am a beginner.

I looked on the internet under scrapbooking and found oodles of sites and sights!  The first one that I came across that had the WOW factor was Swirlydoos.com. So I saw that they had the kit of the month and if I joined it for six months, they would send me everything I need to make the project of the month along with tutorials online, and sometimes written out. So I ordered it. And I got the first shipment. My goodness, it was so beautiful. The paper was from Prima Flowers and there were some flowers and little charms and I really loved it. So I looked at it and I am sure it had some magical power because it said" you cannot do this...you don't even know where to start." So I called Krissy at Swirlydoos and she very patiently explained to me that I could design my own look with the products or use their designers ideas and  learn from them. She also explained that I might consider getting a few scrapbooking tools.  Ok, I am clearing my throat.  A few?  I already had great scissors from Quilting and of course, I will not be able to quilt for a long time because I have to keep my legs up... you know, old lady circulation.  One day soon, I will show you all the tools I have accumulated. And paper, glues, ribbon, lace, tape, brads, stickers, chipboard, inkpads, inks, markers, stamps,stamp pads, heat gun, little skillet that i dont know why i need it, an electronic cutting machine. (This is a Silhouette Cameo and about the smartest thing I have ever seen. I tell it what I want and it cuts it out) It is amazing

Ok now some pictures :

No comments: