Sunday, June 24, 2012


I fully intended to be diligent about blogging once a week. But I have a new obsession - scrapbooking! And it is hard to cut, glue, paste and type at the same time.  I had no idea to what extent I was going to involve myself but of course, I jumped in with both feet.  I joined a "kit of the month" club at www.swirlydoos.com thinking that at first, I would have someone putting the things together that I would need. I had no idea where to look online since I can't just hop in the car and go find a Scrapbooking Supply store.  So, I ordered the kit, received it and it had the most beautiful paper from Prima and flowers and other cute and wonderful little jewels and charms.  I called Krissy at Swirlydoos ( I think they are in Colorado) and she told me that I could just watch YouTube and Ustream and see all kinds of crafters especially scrapbookers. So I did. And Swirlydoos had shows with their designers showing how to use these kits.  My goodness! they are all so talented.  My thought process went something like this: I used to paint, tried every medium. Took lots of classes in college on art. Took lots of private classes in oils, acrylics, watercolors. Took classes in color usage, etc.  I have taken classes in quilting and sewing and lacemaking and you name it.  I always did well on the projects.  Some were things that no one wanted to wear or advertise but most were recognizable and some were actually pretty cute/nice.  Anyway, how hard could it be to measure a piece of paper, glue to some cardboard (later I found out it is glued to chipboard) add some flowers and a place for a picture?  Piece of cake!





So, I saw on Swirlydoo's site that they had a class recorded from a lady in Canada, Trish LaDoceur, and I enrolled and started the class after I received the kit from Krissy and Swirlydoos.  I am glad it was not live.  The show was about 2 1/2 hours. And after 6 days of pause, replay, pause, measure, cut, paste, replay, pause, etc... I had finished the first page: Voila'

No comments: