Sunday, June 24, 2012

That was the first real page of scrapbooking, I will show you the album that took a couple of weeks to do. (from a 2 1/2 hour class)  And then I started watching YouTube and came across a lady named Toni who was making flowers and it appeared was being mentored by someone named Gerriann.  I watched her every time I could find it and then I saw that Gerriann had a show one night.  But I was a little confused because it seemed that several of the ladies that had shows referred to her and her expertise.  So later I found out that Gerriann Armstrong, a very talented scrapbooker and Close To My Heart representative, had some health issues and was not able to "stream" so some others were using her timespot until she came back.  By this time, I was hooked on You Tube scrapbooking. Toni had gotten my interest piqued and then it was hour after hour of watching. There was lady named Kathryn and she mentioned that she had a Ustream show, so I decided to watch it. And then there was another named Laura and I watched her and then her Ustream. Then I found Kathy Orta, The Paper Phenomenon, lady. She is very talented, so friendly and funny.  And I started watching all of these ladies and must say, They are all paper geniuses.

Anyway, I joined a mini album swap and a tag swap.  Big Mistake! I had about 6 weeks to complete 5 tags with my favorite hobby being the subject of the tag. And the mini album was supposed to be shaped and less than 4in across or vertically.  I will post pictures of the trials and errors of that next time maybe, if I can get up the nerve.

I also joined a swap on www.Lifeonthescrapbeach.com which was Kathryn's (the ustream lady) site.This subject was Mama's flower garden and had to be of a certain line of paper K& Co. I had to make 6 pages of an album and keep one for myself and send in 5.

If you are pretty new, DONT do this!  It caused me lots of stress.  Deadlines, not knowing for sure what I was doing, and realizing that I was sending my little pre kindergarten pieces to PHD's of scrapbooking... but who knew?   Anyway, hopefully next time, I can show you that finished album.

I am so glad I am doing this and am so fortunate to have made some new friends.

One more thing, I spent the day on the computer celebrating National Scrapbooking Day on May5. So when I got up at the crack of noon, I went to the first place I had signed up with and looked at all their projects, then I went to Following the Paper Trail Ustream for the project that Laura Denison was doing and at 3:00 I went to Kathryn Scraps for a make along with her type show.  At 8:00 p.m or so, I had finished the first part of my Album in a Box.  It certainly did not look like Kathryn's did but at least you can tell it is a box,  can't you?  and then it took me several days to finish the rest with the good on recording on Ustream....my method- play, pause, measure, cut, play, pause remeasure, recut, play, pause maybe repeat one more time, but if not, glue and forge on.  and in a few days, here is the finished project:



No comments: